Twhirl is an Adobe Air based Twitter client that runs on both Windows and Macs, and features the following:
- Connects to multiple Twitter accounts
- Notifications on new tweets
- Shorten long URLs (using snurl or is.gd)
- Cross-post updates to Pownce and Jaiku
- Post images to TwitPic
- Search tweets (using TweetScan or terraminds)
- Timeline filtering
- Localized to English, German, Italian and Spanish
- Color schemes
- Automatically check for new versions
While I’m currently a fan of Twitterrific, I’ve started to use Twhirl on the Windows based work computer, and definitely like the feature set. It’s easy to use, unobtrusive, and gives you plenty of customization. Plus, Adobe is pushing hard to get developers to work with Air, so there’s a lot of support there for future developments as well.
Maybe it’s time to give Twhirl a whirl.