Seven Days In A Sentra is, as far as I can tell, Nissan’s attempt to go viral with their advertising (since anything with a MySpace page attached is probably an attempt at viral marketing). The premise is that Marc Horowitz, comedian extraordinaire, lived for seven days in a Nissan Sentra (hence the title). It wouldn’t be much of a project if Marc didn’t have some rules established, so he set up the following:
- I must live 7 straight days out of my Sentra. I am free to come and go from the Sentra as I please.
- I must not return to my apartment at any point during the 7 days.
- I must assume my normal day-to-day responsibilities including work and all scheduled client meetings.
- I must personally prepare at least 4 meals within the immediate vicinity of my Sentra.
- I must go on at least one date. Hopefully more.
- I must not let anyone else drive my car for the 7 days.
- I must sleep in a different location each night. Once the location is chosen I must not move from it.
- I must not set foot outside of my car for any reason from 12am to 5am.
- I must host at least 2 social functions in my Sentra. One must be on or after Day 6.
- I must maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.
It pretty much goes as you’d expect, with “random” comedic occurrences and a string of successes leading Marc towards his goal (does seven days even count as a goal? I call that a vacation), but there are some entertaining moments along the way, so it’s definitely worth a look. Plus, if it’s supposed to be viral, I’ve just passed it on, so it looks like it’s working. You want an eggroll?